I'm so happy to share that I've been awarded a Bayreuth scholarship!
As a recipient I'll get to attend the Wagner festival in Bayreuth, take part in some of the masterclasses throughout the week, as well as sing in a concert for the recipients.
I'm so honoured and can't wait for June!
Normally, the scholarship programme includes the following services:
- Free admission to at least three performances of the Bayreuth Festival
- Free accommodation in modern communal quarters on request
- Reception with invited guests and past scholars
- Communal lunch for all scholarship holders on two performance days
- Participation in the annual International Scholarship Concert followed by a joint scholarship evening
- Guided tour through Bayreuth
- Free visit to the introductory lectures of the Bayreuth Festival
- Free admission to the Richard Wagner Museum, the Franz Liszt Museum and the Jean Paul Museum in Bayreuth
- Opportunities to meet and exchange experiences with current and former scholarship holders at further receptions and artist talks
Read More about the program below.
To achieve this goal, it enables talented aspiring musicians, singers or other stage-professionals, who may be considered as young talents for the Bayreuth Festival orchestra or stage, to attend several performances of the Bayreuth Festival and thus to directly comprehend Richard Wagner's revolutionary festival idea.
Today it is primarily the worldwide Richard Wagner Associations, which are members of the Richard Wagner Verband International, and the Society of Friends of Bayreuth that provide the Richard Wagner Scholarship Foundation with the necessary funds.
In addition, there are further donations and endowments from committed patrons and private sponsors who support the scholarship foundation regularly and unselfishly.